Monday, February 13, 2012

Sweet Silhouettes

I am so anxious to show you the nursery! It is my favorite nursery from the 3 that I've been lucky enough to decorate for my 3 girls. Very girly, very pretty.

However, I really want to wait until it's 100% complete before I do a full reveal, and since the last two projects are a bit time consuming, I'm not sure when this will be-could even be after babe is born. The nursery is basically ready for baby, though, with all her little clothes washed and put away, diapers bought and arranged in baskets, and pictures hung.

In the meantime, I thought I'd show you a silhouette project that I made for the room.


I bought these wooden 'frames' from Michael's for around $3 each. I then painted them Antique White with regular ole acrylic craft paint, and gave them a soft gold glaze.


I found the silhouette pictures at The Graphics Fairy site. I was originally looking for more of a baby theme, but I'm actually happier with the children theme as this way I won't have to replace them as soon. One of the last two nursery projects I refer to above is a decorative, narrow ledge for the top of the board and batten.  It will really finish it off.  Looking at this picture, I realize just how much it needs this =)



I placed a pewter coloured bow on the top (which you'll see I've used this ribbon throughout the room) and hung them between the battens.

Today we're doing some simple last minute Valentine's prep. Nothing at all elaborate this year, just a favorite homemade dinner and dessert and of course a few chocolate goodies =)

Hope you have a wonderful Monday!

Linking to my Favorite Parties!





7 comments:

Coastal Cottage Dreams said...[Reply to comment]

Love the silhouette picture and frames! They are adorable! Can't wait to see the completed nursery. Thanks for sharing!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...[Reply to comment]

Those are so cute. That's right just keep us waiting.

Kelly said...[Reply to comment]

I can tell how sweet it is even by just the little peek you're giving us. Love the new pictures you made.

Deserae said...[Reply to comment]

Very cute...can't wait to see more :o)
~Des

thistlewoodfarm said...[Reply to comment]

Andrea,

Your silhouettes are so beautiful! I love those frames....you have such a wonderful eye for design....truly! I can't wait until the reveal.

blessings,
karianne

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...[Reply to comment]

Precious! I can't imagine how pretty this nursery is going to be. The baby always gets the best is what they say. That's what my 2 older kids say anyway. ;)
Hope you have a relaxed and enjoyable Valentine's Day sweet friend!
xxoo
Tammy

Dear Lillie said...[Reply to comment]

The silhouettes are precious!