Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Greenery in the Sunroom

The Sunroom is the perfect spot to add some greenery. I haven't had much success in the past with keeping indoor plants, but I attribute much of that to our previous home being light challenged. Not only did we move to a city which has far more sunshine, but the sunroom is perfectly positioned with southern exposure and a ton of windows.

Here are a few plants I've recently added:


My Mother bought me this Terrarium as a gift when she was out to help with the Baby Ella.  We placed ferns and violets inside. It is temporarily sitting on this old footstool (which is awaiting a new top and some paint). We have the perfect table for the sunroom, but it's at my Mom's house (15 hours away!), so we're waiting for someone to drive out until we get it =)


I found this gorgeous blue orchid at Costco for $19.99.  I adore orchids, and am acquiring quite the collection of them.  I have an orchid which I bought in September that still has blooms on it! You surely can't buy any cut flowers for under $20 that last that long or are that beautiful!




Isn't the colour amazing? Apparently it goes to it's 'natural colour' on the second bloom (presumably white).  I didn't read that fact until I bought it and checked the tag closer.



Irish Moss is perfect in this silver urn.



I bought this Bridal Veil plant at Home Depot for $12.97.  It has the prettiest delicate white flowers, and the underside of each leaf is purple-so pretty!

I'm going to have to show you a few more pictures of the sunroom as I've made some other changes in here also. Nothing major, but just a few nice additions here and there.

Have a wonderful day!


9 comments:

Cindy said...[Reply to comment]

What beautiful orchids. I don't have much luck with them unfortunately. You are right tho, however long they last it's better than cut flowers...
Have a great week!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...[Reply to comment]

Your plants are beautiful Andrea and I love that cute little rusty rabbit!!

Kelly said...[Reply to comment]

I love all of your plants in there. That blue orchid is just beautiful! I've never seen a blue one before. I have a fake orchid, but have never owned a live one. The terrarium your mom got you is so cute too. It's perfect in that room.

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...[Reply to comment]

Great glimpses of your sunroom and lovely plants. I especially like the terrarium, your coffee table and that chunky rug. I have been thinking lately that we need more greenery at our home too.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...[Reply to comment]

Love your plants. Hopefully they will do well in that light filled room.

Jenny said...[Reply to comment]

What beautiful flowers and plants! I don't think I've ever seen a lue orchid before - stunning! Love that room, I'll bet you get a lot of use out of it.

Diane said...[Reply to comment]

I would have to say your sun room is my favourite room in the house. I am a sun lover, so I love all the windows. Your orchard is indeed beautiful. Diane

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...[Reply to comment]

Love how all the greenery and flowers bring life to your sunroom! Blue orchids are amazing! I especially love the silver urn. swoon!

thistlewoodfarm said...[Reply to comment]

What a perfect place to curl up with an book. I love all your decorations. It is so peaceful!

Have a great weekend!

blessings,
karianne