Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Antique Sheet Music Cabinet

I should really be calling this post: "Why do I create more projects for myself when I simply have no time to finish those that I already have waiting", or maybe "How to create the longest to-do list in history: A study in procrastination"......

I am looking towards September-ish to get these projects started. You see, in September a miraculous thing happens: My middle baby goes into kindergarten. Wowzers, how did that happen so fast? While I'm sure I'll be weeping like a baby that first day, it does mean a wee bit more time for Mom to tackle aforementioned to-do list...or at least I am hoping to get a bit more time =)

Anyhow, onto this little beauty scored from where else....Kijiji. It will be restored and painted and house our computer paper and scrapbooking paper. The fellow we bought it from said it was his Mother's, from the 1920's.





I also acquired this sweet table from my Mother. It's perfect for the sunroom. I'm going to be painting this as well (maybe this will be my October project =)





So, a question to all you Mom's out there....How the heck did you get it all done. By it, I mean life...laundry, cooking, cleaning, playing with kids AND carving out some time for yourself? Sheesh!


Sharing these projects at my Favorite Parties!


13 comments:

Stacy said...[Reply to comment]

I don't get it all done so I prioritize. A clean kitchen, clean floors and clean bathrooms and a great looking yard are the things that I get done no matter what. But a lot of time even those things have to wait if I want to get the kids out the door to do something fun. I don't beat myself up about it. It's life. Enjoy it! Cute blog BTW.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...[Reply to comment]

Nice new things to work on. I don't even have kids to take care of except Leila twice a week now and I can't get things started or done.

Kelly said...[Reply to comment]

Sounds like you're going to be busy with new projects. They will turn out great, I'm sure. The way I get things done is to try to get at least one thing on my list done a day. Baby steps!!! Ha!

Linda said...[Reply to comment]

Hello Andrea:
Lovely new tables...I am a sucker for tables...I always find a tiny spot to put them...and plenty of tablescapes to adorn them...
Good luck with the painting...

Cheers!
Linda :o)

Candy said...[Reply to comment]

I can't wait to see the finished music table. I have a thing about these little chests. I love them all, and I haven't kept one for myself. Someday.

Im now following you. Please come visit me at PICKINandPAINTIN.blogspot.com. THANKS. 8-)

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...[Reply to comment]

You have a lot of great projects in the works! I don't have an answer to your question. For me, I basically didn't have a life when my children were that age. When the last one started school is when I started blogging. I don't know how other moms do it. It doesn't last long before they are up and out the door and then you wish they were under your feet again.

Peggy Meckling said...[Reply to comment]

I know all about creating more projects than I have time to complete. But I have been looking for one of those sheet music cabinets forever. I have re-purposed two cabinets so far to act as stand-ins to hold sheet music, but neither was as elegant and as beautiful as the one you have. I am totally coveting that. I am your latest follower. Hope you'll come check me out sometime.

Julie @ followyourheartwoodworking said...[Reply to comment]

My children were a priority way before a clean house. Time for myself was non-existant when they were young. I miss my babies so much, my youngest is 18... enjoy them while they are young, it goes much too fast!

Shabby chic Sandy said...[Reply to comment]

That music cabinet is so cool--also love that table. Furniture is so fun! I need a bigger house:)

thistlewoodfarm said...[Reply to comment]

I think you are amazing! You accomplish so much and your house is absolutely beautiful! Enjoy this time with your wonderful family.

blessings,
karianne

Jenn Gray said...[Reply to comment]

I am loving this. Bythewayjenngray.blogspot.com

Sharing Shadymont said...[Reply to comment]

What gorgeous pieces. I love the table. I'm a tableaholic! :) The sheet music cabinet will be fun to refinish.

Sandy said...[Reply to comment]

Love the pieces you acquired! Yes, I know all about having too many projects and not enough time. I love what I see so I'll stop writing and take a look around. I'm always looking for inspiration and your blog is inspiring!