Thursday, June 28, 2012

The Going-ons 'round here

Tsk, tsk, I've been such a bad blogger! I have been visiting and reading about all your wonderful, creative projects, but just haven't gotten around to pulling together a post-and I've missed it!

I suppose I've been too busy with:


1. A pre-school graduation, complete with an oh-so adorable year end concert


Madelyn with her wonderful preschool teacher


2. A foray into the craft room to work on a few sewing and quilting projects:



3. Gettin' dirty in the garden as we try to landscape our blank canvas.


Putting in a new perennial bed in the front of our home.

4. Working on refinishing this cute footstool for the sunroom.



5. Commiting to healthy meals & exercise to try to get this baby weight off (and looking absolutely rediculous while shaking my booty to Zumba!).

6.Enjoying summer time outtings with my girls and gearing up for summer break (it's my eldest daughters last day of school today!)


My daughter (in the hat) and her friend at the park enjoying face painting and jawbreakers-oh to be a kid again!

Madelyn's horse, in what else? pink and purple!


Oh, I do love summer!



3 comments:

Kelly said...[Reply to comment]

I bet Zumba is fun! I've never tried it before, but I'm sure it is good exercise. I know that everyone realizes how busy you are taking care of your new baby and the kids still having school activities etc. It's hard to be everywhere all the time. Hope life will slow down just a bit to help you feel like you're able to get some things accomplished. Your daughters pics are great!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...[Reply to comment]

Everyone seems to be doing Zumba. I will just keep walking. Cute girls.

Windlost said...[Reply to comment]

Hi Andrea - thanks for dropping by. Yes, I forgot that you are a vet. I am sure you have seen some horrific abuse cases and I am sorry you have to see that. You must be very strong to handle that. Poor little critters. I would have many more pets but my husband is really not a pet person, which is the only area we disagree on anything. I have that cat, so that will have to suffice.

Your house is soooo gorgeous. Do you have a good antique source? I can't seem to find many places to shop here. I need to go back to the Aidrie flea mall some day soon. In Okotoks, I only visit Carolanne at On A Lark. She has good stuff sometimes. Our house is pretty small, so I have to be more choosy now. Your house is so much more "done" than mine. I have whole rooms that are hideous. And I am not really a DIY-er although I love to paint and garden and frame pictures, but that's as DIY as I get. I love that you finished that gray table and distressed it. I need to do that in our guest room to the ugly pottery barn tables I bought as placeholders until I can find decent antiques.

I am adding you to my blogroll so I can follow better. Congrats on baby no.3!!! She is beautiful.

xo Terri