Friday, August 10, 2012

A Junkin' We Shall Go

We arrived home a few days ago after a fun camping trip at the lake.  The best part about the trip was leaving my two littles with Grandma for another week-yah!  It's amazing how much cleaner and organized the house is with only 1 baby to take care of  =)

Having the older girls with Grandma gave me some time to hit my favorite Junkin' spots. 


Here's what I found:

I have always wanted an authentic, old dough bowl, and finally found this large one.





I love the wonky shape, patina and metal details on it. It certainly isn't perfect, with cracks in it, and is showing it's age, but that is what I love about it.


I'm not sure if it will stay on the table or not {seeing these pictures are making me want to run out and buy a new dining table and chairs!}.  I also see it overflowing with dried Hydrangeas atop of the antique armoire.....I'll need to try it out there too.

I love small wooden chairs.  This one I bought a few years ago, and it now resides in my craft room.



I found this one today, and once I change out the ugly fabric, and clean it up, it will look sweet as can be.

I am starting to gear up for our fall home projects, one of which is our laundry room facelift.  I have been on the search for some vintage goodness to display in that room, and think these will work nicely:





I may just need to do a bit more shopping before the munchkins return home!  I have also been busy with the furniture stripper and some Duck's egg blue chalk paint.  I hope to be able to show you the results in a few days!

Linking to my Favorite Parties!



8 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...[Reply to comment]

The dough bowl is perfect with all of it imperfections! :) I finally found one on Ebay after searching for so long! Love that chair and the irons, too. Such history!

XO,
Jane

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...[Reply to comment]

The dough bowl and the irons are all fabulous. Love them. Great shopping. Hugs, Marty

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...[Reply to comment]

Great finds. That bowl is huge.

Kelly said...[Reply to comment]

Congrats on finding that nice dough bowl! I love it. I think it looks good in the center of your table. I have one real one and one reproduction. They're not as large as yours. I know you must be enjoying a quiet house right now. If you're like me, you will be taking advantage of it and getting a lot done!

Diane @ The Checkered Apple said...[Reply to comment]

What a great piece to have anywhere in the house! I love dough bowls myself and this one is terrific!

Mama Sue said...[Reply to comment]

I love the bowl! Can't wait to see your new painted creation!

Windlost said...[Reply to comment]

Lovely finds...your house is so gorgeous. We drove through Okotoks today - went to your (excellent) Sobey's. xo Terri

Blogger said...[Reply to comment]

I've just installed iStripper, so I can watch the hottest virtual strippers on my taskbar.