Thursday, September 20, 2012

Harvest Urn

I love my door. I really do.



What I don't love about it, however, is that I really can't hang a wreath on it. The window ledge prevents me from placing the wreath where one normally would, and if I position it below the window, it looks, well, low.



It is because of my wreath dilemma that my urn, beside my door, needs to get extra dolled up so no one even notices my wreath issues.



Yesterday I went shopping in hopes of finding winter kale and winter pansies to stuff my urn full, but I found something else instead.



I filled the urn full of harvest inspired goodness, even with a nod to the upcoming spooky holiday, courtesy of some orange glittered bling.



Last year I did a topiary with heirloom pumpkins, and while lovely, this year I wanted something a little different.


In October, I'll slowly add in some more spook to the front porch, but for now, it is keeping pace with the crisp nights and yellowing leaves.



Linking to my Favorite Parties!








15 comments:

Sue said...[Reply to comment]

I like that you used an urn to compensate for your lack of wreath area! Glad to see you using sparklies to accent the natural material in there, as well. Your mum looks huge! I'm visiting from Rhoda's. :-)

Tricia said...[Reply to comment]

That looks wonderful. I love it paired with the mum! I have two big urns just outside my front door. I don't think they'll be getting a fall makeover though, my geraniums just look too pretty to part with :)

Loree Clary said...[Reply to comment]

That was just gorgeous! Good job!!!

Sharing Shadymont said...[Reply to comment]

Absolutely beautiful!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...[Reply to comment]

Oh this is fall perfection at its finest! A truly cozy vignette.

While we don't have much fall here in Phoenix I would love for you to stop by to see where I did find a bit of fall.

Have a blessed day!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...[Reply to comment]

Your urn looks beautiful, Andrea! I love the look!

Christine Dovey said...[Reply to comment]

Looking perfect for fall!!

Kelly said...[Reply to comment]

I love your door too! I bet you could hang a basket filled with stuff off it from the ledge. Then you could have more control over the size of it. I love how you filled the urn beside your door too. It's so pretty!

Judy Bigg said...[Reply to comment]

Beautiful porch with the urn and then the mums are so pretty too.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...[Reply to comment]

That beautiful urn makes up for not having a wreath on your door!

thistlewoodfarm said...[Reply to comment]

Your urn is so pretty! I love the colors and textures you used. That door is pretty amazing too....ledge or no ledge :)

blessings,
karianne

Finding Home said...[Reply to comment]

If my front door looked like that I wouldn't care about a wreath or not!

And your urn is fabulous - love the updates this year.

Take care,
Laura

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...[Reply to comment]

Andrea, that is really gorgeous. I still need to work on my front porch. We have a trip coming up and then we we get back I will finish.

Rosemary and Thyme said...[Reply to comment]

This is so pretty. I really love all the natural elements and pumpkins used here. I am so going to try something similar.

Thank you for the inspiration.

Susan said...[Reply to comment]

That urn looks amazing. Flower arranging is tricky and something I definitely struggle with. You are a master! :)