Monday, September 24, 2012

Loot

This is what happens when a thrift store lovin' Mom comes to visit: She brings me great loot!

My Mom made the 12 hour drive from Vancouver to visit for the week. She brought along many goodies that she's been collecting for the past year since I moved away. Here's what she found:



Loads of silver plate. Trays, little cups, trinkets....


terrariums....


vintage light fixtures


An old frame that will be transformed into a chalkboard


some milk glass and a pastoral painting (going in today for reframing along with the next picture)

 
A beloved original pencil drawing that was my Grandmother's...
 

A massive bundle of dried Hydrangeas


A beautiful vintage tray


A couple of chairs which will be sanded and recovered this week, some frames and french pictures..


And finally, some small antlers
 
 
I am going to have fun finding homes for all these treasures! Have a wonderful Monday. We`re off to do some more treasure hunting-yipee!
 

13 comments:

Mama Sue said...[Reply to comment]

Wow! I think your mom really missed you! Congratulations on all of the good stuff!

Christine Dovey said...[Reply to comment]

Can your mom keep driving and come to visit me please? Wow...what a great haul of vintage prettiness! I especially love the frames and that beautiful portrait.

Finding Home said...[Reply to comment]

Love it all - but I think my favorite is that tray!

Blondie's Journal said...[Reply to comment]

How sweet of your mom! You have a lot of treasures there. Have fun finding little homes for them!

XO,
Jane

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...[Reply to comment]

Andrea mom did GOOD!! So many pretty things! I think antlers are going to be my next collection;)

Kelly said...[Reply to comment]

Wow! Your mom was your very own antique fairy ! I love all those goodies she brought you. I love that picture of the girl's face in pencil. I noticed you have a piece of milk glass that I have too. I put a plant in mine. It is in my bedroom. I know you are having fun with all your new "old" treasures. Love the antlers on the wall too!

Dear Lillie said...[Reply to comment]

Wow! Look at all those treasures! I'm sure you were thrilled!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...[Reply to comment]

Look at all that wonderful stuff. Sorry I have been missing your posts. I lost my blogroll and have been adding them back slowly. So glad I have you back.

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...[Reply to comment]

Andrea, This is like a treasure trove! I bet you will have a blast creatively using them in your home!!! Please post the chalkboard when it is done!!!

Deserae said...[Reply to comment]

Wow!!! Your mom brought you some FABULOUS goodies!! How lucky for you that your mom has such great taste too :o)
~Des

thistlewoodfarm said...[Reply to comment]

You are so lucky!!!!! All my mom every brings me is advice :)

Have a great day rock star!
karianne

Susan said...[Reply to comment]

Awesome treasures, Andrea. When you get tired of the antlers...send em this way! ;)

Lisa Montsion said...[Reply to comment]

I love the vintage tray with the butterfly on it.

lisa