Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Homeland

Homeland Transferware


I have been developing quite a fondness for transferware. I started out with blue and white, and have since found a pretty set of red and white (perfect for Christmas!) and most recently, brown.



I was super excited when I saw this set at Home Sense: Homeland by The Victorian English Pottery, Est 1819 by Edward Challinor.




Love the animal motif with the acorn and oak leaf borders.  Perfect for fall and Thanksgiving.

As you may recall, I am in the very preliminary stage of planning my kitchen facelift.  One feature I do love in my kitchen is the upper glass cabinets. While I initially used them for storage, with my Mom's help, we decided to pretty them up with transferware, silver, and odds and ends. 




The newest pattern looks very seasonal in here-my first touch of fall decorating.




{It is so difficult getting decent pictures of these cabinets.  A photographer, I am not!}

You can see the sample of beadboard wallpaper in the back of one of these cabinets.  I will be putting it on the back and painting all the interiors white (Marble white by Benjamin Moore, which is actually more of a warm white/cream).  Also, the cupboards are going to be painted, and new hardware put on. I'm not sure when this will happen, as we have other, more pressing projects, but I hope it's soon!

Do you love Transferware as much as I do?

Linking to my Favorite Parties!






16 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...[Reply to comment]

I love your new dishes, Andrea, I've always loved tranferware, too! They look great in your cabinets, which are really fabulous. Were they custom made? I would love to see them after you paint the insides!

XO,
Jane

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...[Reply to comment]

I love those dishes, Andrea! You had me at brown and white transferware and then I saw the bunny on the first one. That would combine two loves in one item! I wonder if our Home Goods here will have them. I think it's time for a trip there to see!

Kelly said...[Reply to comment]

Yes I do! I love the brown and white transferware the most, as a matter of fact. I love how they look in your glass cabinets. The lighted cabinets above your regular ones are wonderful! That is such a great feature.

Linda said...[Reply to comment]

I sure do...
I have a few pieces...brown..that I inherited from one of my aunts..
Not a full set...but bread and butter plates, and bowls...
Love that beadboard wallpaper...how smart is that??!!

Cheers!
Linda :o)

Sarajan said...[Reply to comment]

So glad I found your blog. The transferware is perfect for Fall. Your photos are great. -- Jan

Cheyenne said...[Reply to comment]

OH, I might have to make a trip into the city to Home Sense---asap! Those are stunning!!

Jo May said...[Reply to comment]

Yes!...love this...and your kitchen cabinets.Gorgeous!..I am lovn' the dish display

Bernideen said...[Reply to comment]

I would like to invite you to come link this wonderful post to my "Open House" tomorrow....love your transfer pieces. They seem very fallish!

Linda said...[Reply to comment]

Andrea, your new dishes are so pretty. Love the cute critters.
They look wonderful in your cabinets.

Jessica said...[Reply to comment]

Love the beadboard effect, and those are very cute dishes. :-)

The enchanted home said...[Reply to comment]

Wow lucky you!! Those dishes are just GORGEOUS! They look fabulous in your kitchen, those are so timeless and elegant.

designchic said...[Reply to comment]

I love it Andrea and the brown is perfect for fall!!

A Walk in the Countryside said...[Reply to comment]

I love your dishes! I NEVER come across any transferware but I love it!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...[Reply to comment]

I LOVE your woodland dishes!!

Meg J said...[Reply to comment]

Hi Andrea,

I'm thrilled to hear that you love our pottery made in Stoke-on-Trent, England.

However, this pattern is actually called Homeland. Woodland Harvest is a different pattern manufactured by a different company. Would you be able to update this on your blog and pinterest?

I hope that you continue to appreciate the rich history and heritage of pottery made in Stoke-on-Trent.

Kind regards,
Megan Jones (Royal Stafford, The Victorian English Pottery)

Unknown said...[Reply to comment]

Where can I buy these. Love it