Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Fall Flower (?) Arrangement

I am popping in with a quick post to show you what I found at Costco yesterday.

I found these while shopping for our turkey (Canadian Thanksgiving is this weekend, and I am planning a massive feast complete with Pumpkin Toffee Trifle, Butterbeer for the kids (and adults as who can resist!) and of course turkey and all the fixins').

The flowers at Costco are such a great deal, and I couldn't resist these interesting pumpkin-looking fruit (anyone know what these are? They almost look like tomatoes).


I placed them on my sunroom mantel.


Whatever they are, they sure add a nice touch of fall to the space.


Today I am puttering around the house (don't you love a good putter?) getting ready for our company this weekend.

Have a glorious day!

ps Monday was shorts weather and wonderfully warm, today, people, we have snow. Yes, snow. It's not much, but as I write this, the white flakes are falling!

13 comments:

Mama Sue said...[Reply to comment]

Wow! Snow! If we get snow here in Texas it won't be until around Valentine's day. It was in the 50s this morning and my daughter asked if we could turn on the heat. NO! I have no idea what those orange things are but I love them!

Jo May said...[Reply to comment]

I've had to pick my jaw up off the key board,isn't that just amazing...YALL GOT SNOW...it's 80 out there now,it was 90 yesterday in southeast Georgia...
I'm not sure what those mater-lookn' thingy's are,but I fixin' to google and find out...they are great looking on your mantle.

Kelly said...[Reply to comment]

That's incredible to get snow right after a day of wearing shorts! Wow! Only in Canada. Ha! We are still wearing shorts around here and enjoying mild weather with low humidity (my fave). Wish it would stay this way forever. Your mantel looks so pretty. Your new flowers really pop off of the dark stone. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving this weekend.

20 North Ora said...[Reply to comment]

Don't know what the flowers are but they are amazing. Look just like baby pumpkins on a stem. Your mantle looks great.

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving.

Judy

Stacy said...[Reply to comment]

Wow, happy snow day!

I will be looking for those flowers at Costco. I just bought some willow branches that are just lovely for fall but I like your flowers more.

Linda said...[Reply to comment]

Could they be peppers???

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Susan said...[Reply to comment]

It's lovely, Andrea. Snow??? I'm jealous. :)

Kathleen O'Grady said...[Reply to comment]

What a nice bright bit of color, looks wonderful.
Snow...I'm sorry, just not ready for snow yet. I live in north central Idaho so snow is not long from here either.
Have a wonderful Holiday.

P.S. Your home is beautiful!

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...[Reply to comment]

I love your fireplace year round, but it is extra lovely in Fall. Happy Thanksgiving!

French Kissed said...[Reply to comment]

Your fireplace looks so inviting dressed for your Thanksgiving and I love those pumpkin branches...last year I was visiting Canadian friends in New York and got to celebrate my first Canadian Thanksgiving...it was wonderful...wish we would switch ours to October to give more space between it and Christmas. Happy Thanksgiving!

Jermaine

traffictieup said...[Reply to comment]

We’re a bunch of volunteers and starting a brand new scheme in our community. Your web site provided us with helpful info to paintings on. You’ve done a formidable activity and our entire group can be thankful to you.
Web Application Developers

thistlewoodfarm said...[Reply to comment]

Andrea,

That is so pretty! I love the mantel decor and I can't believe you have snow already.

Yikes :)

Have a great day rock star!
karianne

Angela said...[Reply to comment]

I love it! It's simple and beautiful! :)