Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Finishing off the Master

I am putting the finishing touches on the master. Remember this desk which I repainted?  Well, I finally got everything arranged around it.   It certainly is keeping with the romantic, feminine feel I envisioned for this room.


 
I refinished these old ladder back chairs.  The old finish was a thick, brown colour, and the stain was very scuffed.  I decided to restain them the same colour as the desk top.  The seat is upholstered in a blue leather, but it, too, is in poor condition.  For now I made these slipcovers, using an old Matlesse tablecloth. These chairs are so comfy! The seat has springs in it, and it is a nice surprise when you park your tooshie on one only to discover how comfy it is!
 



 
I love dried hydranges, and these have such beautiful, vibrant colour.
 
 
Frenchie pictures, my Mom found thrifting.
 
 
I had this portrait reframed. It was my Grandmother's. Ah, I adore it!
 

I topped the desk with these preserved cedar topiaries, a vintage tray, pictures of my girls, and a few other objet.

On my next post, I'll share the room in its entirety.

Linking my desk to these wonderful parties at:
 

18 comments:

Courtenay@Creek Line House said...[Reply to comment]

We have those same oval pictures! They were my husband's grandmother's. I think the coloring in your set is a little more beigey and ours are a little more blue, but otherwise, identical! Too funny. Your's are in a much nicer setting than over here though. Love the whole look. :)

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...[Reply to comment]

That all looks so pretty. Love the slips and wish I could make some. Did not get the sewing gene.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...[Reply to comment]

Your desk looks great, Andrea! I can't believe how well the dried hydrangeas and your basket go with the desk. The colors go so good together!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...[Reply to comment]

Very pretty Andrea! I can't wait to see the full reveal!

Kelly said...[Reply to comment]

Wow! That whole wall looks beautiful. I just love those huge hydrangeas you've filled under the desk. I love the chair slipcovers you made too. Matelesse is a favorite of mine. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the room soon.

Connie said...[Reply to comment]

Hi Andrea, This is absolutely beautiful! All I can say is, WOW!!! You certainly know how to make a house a home :)

Thank you so much for the lovely comment that you left on my post . . . and thank you for following . . . I really do appreciate it!
I'm looking very forward to getting to know you better.
Your newest blogging sister, Connie :)

Domestic Sweetheart said...[Reply to comment]

So pretty!! I'm a new GFC follower :)
xo
www.domesticsweetheart.com

City Farmhouse said...[Reply to comment]

Hi Andrea, I am so happy you found me too. I love your home, you have done a beautiful job decorating it!!! Adding you to my sidebar:). Jen

Deserae said...[Reply to comment]

Gorgeous!!! I just adore your desk....the color is so beautiful :o)
~Des

Cecilia Bramhall said...[Reply to comment]

Beautiful. Can't wait to see the rest! Love the seat covers on the chairs. New followerF!

Tammy Partin Spangler said...[Reply to comment]

So pretty! I love the slipcovers and so creative to recycle a tablecloth!

Pamela said...[Reply to comment]

So beautiful Andrea! I LOVE your vanity/sideboard! It is gorgeous.

Babiole de Windsor said...[Reply to comment]

What a fab job you did with that desk! I don't think you could have selected a prettier color to paint it and it adds just the perfect pop of color to your room.

Michele said...[Reply to comment]

Oooh...i love how that came out! Would love for you to share it at my weekend link party!!! www.knottooshabbyfurnishings.com

Shelly Andrade said...[Reply to comment]

Your desk is absolutely stunning! and those Hydrangeas!! My all time favorite!! Stopping by via MMS's link up party. I really love your style! Great job ~ Shelly

Laura from Top This Top That said...[Reply to comment]

looking forward to seeing the final reveal!

Peggy Bolyer said...[Reply to comment]

I love this desk, I saw it earlier in the room reveal. Great job.

Peggy @ SouthScapedesigns.com

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...[Reply to comment]

Absolutely beautiful!! Love your desk and your hydrangeas!! Thank you for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!