Friday, October 12, 2012

Reclaimed Industrial Art for the Theater Room

I am slowly decorating our theater room with an industrial/west coast vibe. I'll explain more once I reveal the entire room, but today, I'd like to share my latest piece of 'art'.


I found these reels at an antique shop and thought they'd be perfect for this room. Perhaps in their former life they were clothes line reels? My husband thinks the larger one may have been a well reel.


They were very rusty, and flaking quite a bit, so out came the protective clear coat/rust paint. We simply applied one coat onto them, and they were sealed. The sealer actually gave them a nicer, richer patina also.


My husband, being the handy, knot tying type of guy that he is, then rigged them up to each other using manila rope, and attached them to a "boat clip" hook (all from Home Depot).

 
 
 
 
 
I love how it turned out, and it's perfect in this room! A few more touches, and I'll be ready to reveal the room.

{I'm sorry for the less then ideal pictures, but the theater room literally has zero windows, is painted a dark colour, and I couldn't position the tripod to get good pictures-ugh!}


Linking to my Favorite Parties!




5 comments:

Finding Home said...[Reply to comment]

Andrea - I absolutely positively love this - it truly is a work of art. Thanks so much for linking it up at our party. Take care, Laura

Stacy said...[Reply to comment]

That is such a cool and creative idea! I can't wait to see the completed room.

Kelly said...[Reply to comment]

That is the neatest thing!! I love it. You're so lucky to have your very own theater room. Can't wait to see the rest of it.

Tricia said...[Reply to comment]

Great finds! I love the industrial look :)

Linda @ it all started with paint said...[Reply to comment]

What an amazing find! Just love that industrial art ... and thanks so much for sharing at our spray paint party!

:)

Linda