Sunday, October 21, 2012

Tweaking the Craft Table

Remember my craft table made from Ikea parts?  I really wanted hidden storage, so used two dressers topped with two desk tops.  You can read about the details here.
 
90% of the time I use this table for cutting fabric, however, it also makes an excellent surface for wrapping gifts.
 
 
There was a space between the two dressers where I had always intended to put a shelving unit to hold my wrapping paper rolls.  Well, this past weekend, we (by we, I really mean my husband) finally got around to getting it done!
 
 
He used a melamine sheet, and constructed a 2 shelf unit that fits perfectly between the dressers.
 
 
Wrapping paper storage is always a challenge, but this is perfect! I love it!
 
 
I'll certainly be using this table a lot for wrapping in the upcoming Ho-Ho season!
 
Linking my craft table to these wonderful parties at:
 

6 comments:

Susan said...[Reply to comment]

You are just too smart! What a clever idea! :) Time to get crafting!

Diane @ The Checkered Apple said...[Reply to comment]

This setup really makes a terrific work station! Going to have to remember this!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...[Reply to comment]

I love this, Andrea! Love the whole table you put together and the wrapping paper organizer makes great use of space.

Pink Overalls @DIY Home Staging said...[Reply to comment]

What seamstress or crafter wouldn't love that table? You should hire out DH.

Connie said...[Reply to comment]

I have been meandering through some of your posts and they are full of charm and loveliness. I love how you made room for those big rolls of wrapping paper, that was genius.
I found you through mutual followers and I hope that you will become a mutual follower, too.
Your new blogging sister, Connie :)

Shabby Marilyn said...[Reply to comment]

Great Table, especially like it for Fabric cutting!