Tuesday, November 27, 2012

A {rustic and simple} Woodland Inspired Mantel

In my last post I shared the living room side of the fireplace. You can see that here.

Today, I'd like to show you my favorite side. While I try not to play favorites, I just can't help it in this space. It's my refuge.......you see, the kids don't really come into the sunroom much, and I love to blog in here, read, and just relax, if even for only a few minutes.


The decor on this side is far simpler, which better suits the space.


A simple wooden star adorns my Grandmother's old window from her beloved home (she had to have it replaced, and my Mother kept the old one. At the time, I didn't see the point in keeping an old window, but now I'm so glad she did!).





Some fresh cedar (which dried almost immediately in this very dry climate) on the mantel, and a bird in its nest.

An old fishing creel is filled with greenery, berries and antlers, and a large basket of logs, which although is here year round, adds to the wintery look.

While I find decorating mantels a bit of a challenge to get just right, I have to say, that I do love having two completely different looking mantels to play around with!

Linking my {rustic} woodland mantel these parties:
 
 
 

11 comments:

Christine Dovey said...[Reply to comment]

Very pretty- oh how I'd love a sunroom of my own:)

Finding Home said...[Reply to comment]

This is so pretty. I especially love the cardinal - always makes me think of my Grandfather when I see one.

Take care friend,
Laura

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...[Reply to comment]

Andrea, I love what you have done and great shots.

Blondie's Journal said...[Reply to comment]

Beautiful, Andrea, and how nice to have a little place all to yourself!

XO,
Jane

Deserae said...[Reply to comment]

Gorgeous! Love,love,love the old window....so glad your mother saved it so you can enjoy it in your sun room :o)
~Des

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...[Reply to comment]

Love your beautiful mantel!! That rooster is such a neat piece! I also think the basket filled with greenery and antlers is so pretty! My favorite kind of Christmas decor is always the rustic look!

thistlewoodfarm said...[Reply to comment]

Andrea,

I love this....but even more....I love your Grandmother's window!

Seriously amazing!

Have a blessed and wonderful day!
karianne

Linda said...[Reply to comment]

How lucky are you...
2 fireplaces, and they are both gorgeous...
Different in every way..
And...a room of your own...

F A N T A S T I C!!!

Enjoy your evening..

Cheers!
Linda :o)

Cecilia Bramhall said...[Reply to comment]

I love the simplicity of it! So peaceful. And the old window is a perfect touch. Looks like a lovely spot to relax in. Now following.

Leslie's Garden said...[Reply to comment]

I really love this, it's so simple and rustic. It would actually work in my house, which has a stone fireplace surround. Very nice!

Pat Freymuth said...[Reply to comment]

Your stone fireplace is gorgeous and your rustic mantel is perfect!

Pat@BPM