Sunday, November 11, 2012

Hot Chocolate Bar

It has begun. Last week I started decking the halls and easing into all things Christmas. I realize this may be early for many of you, but Canadian Thanksgiving has come and gone, and I love to decorate early, leaving me time to relax and enjoy the season.
 
I won't show you all my Christmas decor quite yet. I have plenty of fun festive projects to share and a great giveaway coming up just in time for gift giving season.
 
Today I want to show you our hot chocolate bar. While this is part of what I decorated for Christmas, it is really a great idea for the cooler months and will likely stay up all winter.
 
 
Here is my interpretation: 
 
 
 

Vintage silver, fresh cedar boughs and just a touch of Christmas bling.



I mostly used glass canisters I had already, and a few new ones from Home Sense.
I labelled them with cute Martha Stewart labels from Michael's.



Bells and ribbons adorn the canisters, and sweet napkins are there for use.



I put the hot chocolate bar on the antique buffet in the dining room.



Marshmallows, chocolate chips, raw sugar, white sugar and hot cocoa are in these canisters.




My grandmothers silver spoons for stirring, or cinnamon sticks, if you prefer.




 
 
 Hot apple cider packs and a variety of flavored syrups and sugars sit on the vintage silver tray.
 
 


Linking my hot chocolate bar to these parties:
 
 
 

 
 
 

8 comments:

Windlost said...[Reply to comment]

Beautiful. Your house is exquisite!! I am holding off Christmas until December as I don't like to tire of it too quickly. You are a real decorating goddess.

xo Terri

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...[Reply to comment]

This is great to have out all winter, Andrea! I remember when my kids were younger and in school, when they would come home I'd make them hot chocolate with a choice of a big marshmallow or whip cream. I love to have a cup of hot chocolate myself in the afternoons. Love the glass canisters and the decorations you put on the lids.

Babiole de Windsor said...[Reply to comment]

I love this idea...am totally stealing it for my turn at hosting bookclub in Jan. It totally translates to winter not just Christmas :)

Stacy said...[Reply to comment]

Oh you are so lucky to have a place to designate as a hot chocolate bar! I have a little place in the kitchen I'd like to have a little hot chocolate bar set up but I have no doubt my son would be diving in to it at 5am. Your kids must have great restraint for chocolate!!!

Connie said...[Reply to comment]

This is a great cold weather idea :)
Thank you for sharing.

Your blogging sister, Connie :)

Ann Krucek said...[Reply to comment]

Beautiful Hot Chocolate Bar! The only thing that could help it would be for the NHL to settle so we could watch some hockey with that hot chocolate!! Love the vintage feel to it.

hardydanielle said...[Reply to comment]

Love this!! It would be so perfect for a christmas party, and it looks so cute! Thanks for sharing love!
D Xo

Dear Lillie said...[Reply to comment]

It looks lovely, Andrea!