Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Infamous Ruffled Tree Skirt

From the minute I saw Miss Mustard Seed's ruffled tree skirt, I knew I wanted to make one for myself.

Fast forward a year later, and I see it all over pinterest. I read quite a few of these bloggers posts. More than a few said it took 5-8 hours to do, the ruffles didn't glue down properly and they were overall unhappy with the process but happy with the end result.

I have to say, I totally disagree! It took 2 hours total and was super simple. I used a muslin like fabric, in a neutral colour and it glued down easily. Unlike the original tutorial, I used a dollar store felt tree skirt as the base, which saved me a step.

Here's the result:





It was hard to show you the ties, as they blend in with the skirt, but I used a pretty cream ribbon and it adds a nice finishing touch. 
 




This skirt is perfect for this pretty, flocked tree-I love it!

Linking my tree skirt these parties:
 
 
 

11 comments:

Designs By Pinky said...[Reply to comment]

That is gorgeous!!! It IS perfect with your tree. XO, Pinky

Stacy said...[Reply to comment]

I am impressed! It is absolutely gorgeous!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...[Reply to comment]

Andrea, it is pure perfection. It is so frilly and flirty and looks great with your tree.

Linda said...[Reply to comment]

Great job Andrea...really nice:o)
I noticed in your previous post...the presents..I also always use real ribbon...gives everything that finished touch!!

Cheers!
Linda :o)

Anu@My Dream Canvas said...[Reply to comment]

This is gorgeous!!! Happy Thanksgiving! Looking forward to seeing you at My Dream Canvas! I would love for you to see my centerpiece at my Thanksgiving table :) I am visiting you from Savvy Southern Style!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...[Reply to comment]

Perfectly , perfectly stunning!!! I am going to make one of these.
I love it's frilly look with your flocked tree!
Please stop by StoneGable for TUTORIALS TIPS AND TIDBITS. Your project will be a hit!!! Link goes live at 8:00 pm!

Mama Sue said...[Reply to comment]

It is Beautiful! I may have to make one myself!

Mama Sue said...[Reply to comment]

It is Beautiful! I may have to make one myself!

TheMoonAndMe said...[Reply to comment]

Gorgeous job! I am hoping to make one myslef this year! :)
Thanks for sharing!
Kelly

thistlewoodfarm said...[Reply to comment]

Andrea,

This is so pretty! I think it looks so great with the tree!

Wishing you the most joyous and blessed of Thanksgivings!

Have a wonderful day!
karianne

Jennifer Rizzo said...[Reply to comment]

it came out really pretty! you did a great job!