Monday, December 3, 2012

Our Flocked Christmas Tree

This is the first year we've had a flocked tree. I am in love. We bought it half price after Christmas last year. I love the natural shape of the branches.


The tree topper is 2 peacock ornaments and a dried hydrangea:



I didn't have any ornaments for this tree, so I made some (see my silhouette tutorial here), used dried hydrangeas which I already had on hand, and bought a few silk pointsettia flowers in blues and golds. I also used some extra wire heart ornaments from our main tree.


I made the ruffled tree skirt, which suits this tree perfectly.


The hydrangeas blend in with the tree for a subtle effect.


This tree is in our downstairs family room. Next I'll share our main tree in the living room, which is more traditionally decorated.

Linking my flocked tree to these parties:
 
 
 





8 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...[Reply to comment]

I love the look of flocked trees. This is so pretty.

Goldie said...[Reply to comment]

I love the look of the half flocked trees. I also have a partially flocked fake tree. Mine has little bits of pinecones on it as well.

Jennifer

Kelly said...[Reply to comment]

I love a flocked tree! It's so beautiful with your other elegant ornaments on it too. Love the silouettes and hydrangea blooms on it.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...[Reply to comment]

Beautiful!! I love a flocked tree!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...[Reply to comment]

It is just lovely, Andrea! I don't think you need to add a lot to a flocked tree. It is so pretty on its own with that snowy feeling.

Brandy~GreyLaneHome said...[Reply to comment]

Very pretty tree and now I would love a flocked tree. Yours is so nice.

Finding Home said...[Reply to comment]

Such a pretty tree - I love the hydrangea and the silhouettes so much!

Blondie's Journal said...[Reply to comment]

Your tree is so pretty, Andrea! I love the hydrangeas at the top and the touches of blue! :)

XO,
Jane