Monday, January 7, 2013

Junk Gift 2012

You may recall, that if we're lucky, we receive 'junk' gifts for Christmas. If you're new here, you can see what these junk gifts are all about, and check out the 2010 junk here, and 2011 junk here.

This year, both my husband and mom bought me junk, and I think this may be my best junk jackpot yet!

Here is what they found:

Junk 2012:

This is the 3rd bust to grace our home:


I think a collection may be starting. This sweet boy joins 2 other girls. Love him.

You have already seen this dog weathervane, which my husband bought for me. I adore it. It's perfect in our new mudroom.



My Mom found this fantastic dog figurine. I'm not sure what it's made of (iron? pewter? it looks like brass, but it's not). I am now itching to add some more dogs to my home.  I've been eyeing up some Hubley doorstops, but they are quite pricey. I'll keep my eye out for one that fits the budget.




I love old silver, and my Mom came through with this bundle of silver utensils. Most are silver plate, but a few are sterling. There is even a set of 6 matching forks, with a beautiful pattern on them. Adore.


I've collected these David Winter cottages for a while now, and my Mom found me 2 more this year.



This ruler was from my Mom, to my husband.  I have seen them on blogs here and there, and was excited that he let me put this one in our office. I made it a star shape for now.


See how fun Junk gifts can be?

Linking my Junk to these fun parties:



8 comments:

Pink Roses and Teacups said...[Reply to comment]

Hi Andrea! Love your "junk" that you got for christmas! I love that bust. where did they find it? I am looking for one myself. Happy New Year!

Debbie

Kelly said...[Reply to comment]

None of those look like "junk" to me! Love everything! I know you will have fun adding dog accents to your home. I love those too. I have a couple of pictures, but have since parted with my figurines I used to have. I could've sent them to you if I had known you were going to start a collection. Love that cute weathervane your husband gave you too. Perfect for the mudroom!

Stacy said...[Reply to comment]

You have the nicest junk I have ever seen.

Natalie @ Blossoming Visions said...[Reply to comment]

Andrea those are some pretty nifty gifts. I love that idea!

anangloinquebec said...[Reply to comment]

I have a fascination for old "busts" such as that....really sweet. I am trying to control my silver collection but that looks like a nice little bundle!!

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...[Reply to comment]

Your junk looks like treasures to me! Love it all. I have a little boy and girl set too. Also scrolled down to see your mudroom reveal. Wow! It's beautiful!

Revi said...[Reply to comment]

LOVE the cool junk. It's SO NOT junk! I actually had the same little boy bust, and broke him.
So, I need to find another, right? That means I'll have to keep going to thrift stores and garage sales...
-Revi (new follower)

Audrey @ Neverending Decorating said...[Reply to comment]

If that's junk I guess I'm a junkie, LOVE it!