Monday, February 4, 2013

Kitchen: The Plan

I am most excited about finally finishing our family room. No. Wait, I'm most excited about the dining room, or is it the kitchen? Yes, the kitchen.

Be gone honey oak-ish cabinets. Be gone cabinets that are falling apart despite being only 4 years old. Be gone kitchen that just does not fit with the rest of the house.

I knew pretty much exactly the style of kitchen I wanted. I showed Holly my pinterest board, gave her a few ideas, and she worked her magic into this:



Key Features:

*The cabinets are white painted, simple shaker style. I love this style as depending on the accessories and finishing details, so many different styles of kitchens can come from this simple door style.

*The outer granite counters will remain, but the granite on the island will be replaced with a wood top.

*The island will be painted a grey, such as Benjamin Moore's Chelsea Grey , and other cabinets a white such as Benjamin Moore's White Dove.

*corbels, toe kicks, crown molding and perhaps some open shelving will add detail to the simple cabinetry.

*We already purchased a professional style range: A Viking 36" 6 burner duel fuel beauty. Oh, I can't wait to cook on this!

*White subway tiles and perhaps some beadboard for a backsplash.

*Change out the lighting. I adore the ones Holly chose.

*We are considering antiqued brass drawer pulls and knobs.

*I love the look of face-frame cabinets (where you have a hinge exposed), but you do lose cabinet space using this style. It is still being considered for the breakfast nook cabinets, and the island.


These two kitchens are my dream kitchens. I know you've seen them before!

Joan's classic white kitchen at For the Love of a House.



Alison's gorgeous renovation at The Polohouse.



Gorgeous, aren't they? I hope to emulate some of the qualities of these beautiful kitchens into our own.

We are currently waiting on a few quotes to come in, then the fun will begin! Likely in 6-12 weeks, we'll have our new kitchen!

Linking my kitchen design plan to these parties:



I'd love for you to follow along with me on Instagram,  Pinterest, and Twitter.


7 comments:

Coastal Cottage Dreams said...[Reply to comment]

Oh I bet your are excited! Can't wait to see your new kitchen!

Kelly said...[Reply to comment]

Love all of your choices again! It is going to be gorgeous. Don't you wish you could just snap your fingers and have it done right now?! The waiting would kill me! I'm so excited to see everything when it's done.

Jenny said...[Reply to comment]

Oh. My. Goodness! I'm in love with your choices, and I know your new kitchen will fit in beautifully with your home and truly reflect YOUR style. I can't wait to see all of it come together! It's going to be beautiful!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...[Reply to comment]

Andrea it's going to look beautiful!! Love all your choices!

Linda Bouffard said...[Reply to comment]

Beautiful. Would love to have you link this to What to Do Weekends Party. Hope to see you. Linda

http://www.craftsalamode.com/2013/01/sweet-and-wonderful-friends-its-time.html

Ronda said...[Reply to comment]

PLEASE talk to a repair tech about your Viking range choice. (I normally would keep my mouth shut but that's a lot of money to spend on something that won't work....Consumer Reports rated it by far the worst in it's category...and no one needs the heartache I went through.)

Heather said...[Reply to comment]

Oh wow! it will be so beautiful!Im actually looking for some honey oak cabinets if you are looking to get rid of/sell them- I'm your neighbor to the north east(Irricana).
Can't wait to see the transformation!