Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Jewels of the Kitchen

.....the lighting, of course!

Our current lighting isn't actually all that bad, but it matches every other fixture in the house and doesn't have much wow factor.

With Holly's help, and some inspiration from blogland, we came up with some great replacements.

I adore Jill's style at Forever*Cottage. Her dining area is no exception. What really puts this area over the top, is that amazing lantern. I saw this image and knew I had to incorporate a lantern somewhere in my space.



What did I tell you? Fabulous!

Another inspiration came from my friend Christine, of Bijou and Boheme. She added some amazing lighting in her new kitchen. It certainly kicks up the wow factor in there.


Have you ever? wowzas!!

While my lighting choices aren't quite as fabulous or glamorous as hers, I was inspired by how her choices blend perfectly with her style and take a beautiful space from beauty to WOW!!

Our goal was to find more cottage style lighting that fits with the look Holly and I are aiming for.

Here's what we've chosen:

1. Pendants over bar area:


Visual Comfort Antiqued Brass pendants. I think I'm in love. I adore these, and the finish? don't get me started!!

2. Over the island:



Hello Gorgeous! I reallllly wanted to incorporate a lantern style pendant somewhere in the dining/kitchen area. We finally settled over the island, and I think it will be perfection.

3. Dining and Kitchen tables:



Simple, yet pretty 6 arm chandelier for over the dining table, and a 3 arm for the kitchen table.

{the last 3 lights are all from Pottery Barn}

The lights should arrive in the next few weeks, and then it's installation time. I can't wait to see them, and you know I'll be sharing the new look with you all!


Linking my lighting plan to these parties:



I'd love for you to follow along with me on Instagram,  Pinterest, and Twitter.


12 comments:

Calypso In The Country said...[Reply to comment]

I am obsessed with that lantern! I have to figure out a place to put one!
-Shelley

Christine Dovey said...[Reply to comment]

Thank you SO much for including my kitchen in your post lovely:))) Adore all of your selections:)

Kelly said...[Reply to comment]

Love the lights you will be using. The lantern is gorgeous! I also really love the pendant lights she chose for your bar area.

Sue said...[Reply to comment]

What wonderful choices on your lighting, Andrea. I want a lantern in my foyer so much. Unfortunately, the cost will be high because I need a big one- it's a two story entry. I gotta save my money! :-) Sue

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...[Reply to comment]

Great light choices. I want a lantern so bad to replace the chandy over the breakfast room table.

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...[Reply to comment]

Andrea, Love your lighting choices. I have been looking at the same pendants...love them.
xx, Sherry

Lisa said...[Reply to comment]

I want that lantern - it is perfection! You really have a great eye! Hope you can stop by the enchanted oven.
xo,
Lisa

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...[Reply to comment]

Loving these kitchens, great inspiration!

Allison said...[Reply to comment]

I like all your choices, especially the lantern.
I hope you'll drop by to see My Daughter's Master Bath Redo - #83 at Met Monday.

Allison
Atticmag

mrsben said...[Reply to comment]

LOVE your choice of lighting fixtures, particularly the Latern. Order frequently from Pottery Barn but sometimes find their online pricing markup to Canadians a little overwhelming. ☺
-Brenda-


i.e: a) The Latern for example is$539.77 Cdn. funds regardless that our currency value may be the same and that cost exludes in my case --b) An additional Canadian Tax of 13% (as more than likely the product is not made in the U.S.A. and the item is valued over $60.00)
c) Shipping charges covering Brokerage Fees either vie Courier or Postal Service and .... last but not least
d) Credit Card currency exchange conversion fee charged on your banking statement. Whew!
Needless to say with the information provided, we Canadians quickly become very savy internet shoppers.

Becca said...[Reply to comment]

Beautiful choices! I've eyed that lantern for quite awhile now ... it will look gorgeous, as will your other choices! Can't wait to see it all!

thistlewoodfarm said...[Reply to comment]

That lantern is amazing! I love the pendant light, too! Thank you so much for the inspiration!

Have a blessed and amazing day!
karianne