Wednesday, February 13, 2013

This and That and a Spring Mantel

The past few weeks have been busy, busy! It is all so exciting, though, and I'm loving every minute of our homes transformation! Here's a few things we've been up to:

1. Most of our old furniture has been sold to make way for the new. A few pieces have already arrived, and I can't wait for the rest to get here. I'm impatient like that......I want it now. Yesterday would be even better =)


The rooms are so empty, it's echoing in here! The kids love it and are begging to keep it this way. Afterall, there's more room for forts, toys, and zooming around on the toy car!

2. We've been having so much fun picking out fabrics, bamboo shades etc (and by we, that is Holly and I. Hubs is pretty much happy if I'm happy and doesn't care what we do).


{that sweet off white ruffled number is the slips for our new dining chairs. I'll show you them once the chairs arrive! Check fabric is drapes, bamboo shades on all the windows and some grainsack goodness for chairs in the family room}

3. One would think that the living/dining/kitchen reno would be enough to keep us busy, but no. We are in the midst of our laundry room facelift as well. I'm super motivated to get these projects done. I've been feeling a wee bit unsettled in our new home, and I really think that making these spaces complete will help us feel more at home here.

 
{the worse the before, the better the after, right??}


4. I did manage to do a little pretty-ing up of the mantel. It was looking a little dark, so I added some creamware to brighten it up. I am loving the new look for spring!





{here's a sneak peak of the new fireside bench-I adore it!}

5. I've been long admiring and searching for antique trophies. I found these two, and while not exactly a good deal, I had to have them anyhow.


They haven't found a home yet, but perhaps once we start accessorizing the rooms, the perfect spot will present itself.

Coming up in the next week or two:

-finalizing our kitchen design and choosing our cabinet maker.
-finalzing some design details for the family room and kitchen/dining room.
-continuing our laundry room facelift, painting, new shelving, decor etc =)

Fun, Fun!!

6 comments:

Windlost said...[Reply to comment]

So very excited for you!! I am so envious that you get to do it all at once.

I am the world's slowest decorator and seem to do it one small element at a time. Half my house is so dated still - literally 20 year old washer and dryer, old light fixtures in half the rooms. So I know it will be a dream for you to have everything done up right!! it would be for me! :)

Can't wait to see the Afters...

P.S. I love that large trophy especially!!!

Terri xo

Kelly said...[Reply to comment]

I'm liking the slipcovers for your dining chairs and the fabric for the draperies. I'm anxious to see everything set up! You are having a big year getting everything done at once! That's so exciting.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...[Reply to comment]

Great trophies. They don't come cheap. The large checked fabric is what I ordered except in biscuit for my dining room chairs. I have the sample like you have, too.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...[Reply to comment]

So many fun projects! I love your choice of fabrics. Your spring mantel looks beautiful!

Angela said...[Reply to comment]

Very pretty! I love all of the natural elements you've used and the earthy colors.

Designs By Pinky said...[Reply to comment]

The mantle looks wonderful! Love your choices too. I just did bamboo blinds in our morning room and great room. Love them!!! XO, Pinky