Monday, March 11, 2013

A Spring Centerpiece {and a sneak peek}

It sure doesn't feel like spring around these parts....snow, snow, and more snow. so.over.it!!!

My friends back home in BC are seeing daff's, crocuses, birds and such, but here in Alberta, the ground is still frozen solid.

Snow outside+spring fever=need to brighten up the indoors!


 Still waiting on the tulips to open.


I placed a wreath on a platter, and filled it with daff's and shamrocks (my hubby's Bday is on March 17, so while I don't do any decorating for St. Patty's day, I knew he'd get a kick out of these).


Of course, tulips are a must for the spring table. I quickly wrapped the plastic pot in sheet moss and secured it with a ribbon.


The dining room is coming along beautifully. I am not ready to do a full reveal, since I'm waiting on a few key finishing touches, but I want to show you a sneak peek for now. In the above picture you can see a snippet of the new light fixture. I've ordered candelabra sleeves to complete it.


Can we take a moment for me to tell you how I am utterly head over heels for this new trestle table? I will go into all the details when I show the full room (sources etc). The new slipcovered chairs are so comfortable and perfect with the table.



I can't wait to show you the room when it's completely done {hopefully in a few weeks from now}. The finishing touches such as custom drapes, monograms and art are going to be ah-mazing!!!

I also have another room reveal ready with the exception of some art I ordered from Etsy. As soon as that's here, I'll show you our newly redecorated laundry room. I am in love with how it turned out. So, so happy with it!

Our family room is also nearly complete (waiting on a few back ordered chairs and a slipcover that is being professionally sewn). It is already so much more cozy in this room. Again, so happy with it! I am feeling so blessed with how things are coming together.

The kitchen design is complete and install scheduled for mid-April. So excited!!!

There's a lot of great things coming up! I am going to try to figure out how to post a video tour once everything is complete. I think it will really show you how all the spaces relate to each other and give you an as close to real life picture as possible.


Linking my spring centerpiece to these parties:


I'd love for you to follow along with me on Instagram,  Pinterest, and Twitter.

16 comments:

Christine Dovey said...[Reply to comment]

That table from I know where is AH-MAAZING! Love, love, love!

Blondie's Journal said...[Reply to comment]

Wow! You have so much going on...I know it must be exciting. I can't wait to see it all! I love your light fixture, ours is similar. I wish we had daffs and tulips poking up but it is way too early, just a few more weeks. Love yours in the nest!

XO,
Jane

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...[Reply to comment]

Andrea that table is GORGEOUS!!! I can't wait for the full reveal!

BEACH BUNGALOW said...[Reply to comment]

Sooooooo beautiful!

Sue
xo

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...[Reply to comment]

Your table and chairs are fabulous. I love them and the flowers are so pretty. I also really love the coffee table painted. Hugs, marty

Stacy said...[Reply to comment]

What a lovely centerpiece and I love your new table! How exciting!!

Kelly said...[Reply to comment]

Your Spring flowers look so pretty on your new dining table. I love the shape of that table on the sides. The slipcovered chairs are perfect with it. That's a heavy looking wood, so the lighter styled chairs really help offset it nicely. Can't wait for the full room reveal!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...[Reply to comment]

Oh, how I love that table and really want a trestle farm style table. Maybe next year when I'm not saving for France. Can't wait to see more!

Vintage Home said...[Reply to comment]

OH wow what a great looking table & fun centre piece!
i am crazy for your remake of your coffee table!

Heather@http://southernabbey.com said...[Reply to comment]

Wow, that table is a showstopper. The chairs look great too. Looking forward to seeing the finished room!

Becca said...[Reply to comment]

I LOVE your new trestle table! And, your centerpiece on top is perfect (love that you added a wreath around it)!

Hyds said...[Reply to comment]

Hi!! I'm new to your blog and liking your posts here. I love that table. Spring is certainly just around the corner but we have been getting rain and snow here in the UK. The usual Brit weather.. :-)

Alison @ The Polohouse said...[Reply to comment]

That trestle table is AWESOME!!!! Omg. I want one too!
You must tell us where you got it! It is phenomenal.

Happy Bday to your hubbie tomorrow too.
:)
A

Little Cottage on the Pond said...[Reply to comment]

The tulips are lovely, and your trestle table is to die for! Beautiful :)

Dear Lillie said...[Reply to comment]

STUNNING!!!!

Donna said...[Reply to comment]

Really love the table and other ideas on your boards. The chairs look like some I've seen from Ballard Designs. Can't wait to see everything finished. It looks great!