Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Our Laundry Room

I am thrilled to finally show you our completed laundry room!

This room was patiently waiting for nearly 2 years to be decorated. We started with ugly mustard yellow walls, no decor, and no character.

The room did have some great features though, such as tons of storage, granite counter tops, and slate flooring. I also love that there is a window with lots of natural light.

We painted the walls the same colour as most of our main floor: Horizon Grey by Benjamin Moore. It truly is the perfect grey/blue neutral. My hubby added wainscotting treatment, painted out in BM Marble White.


Looking back through to the mudroom.


Great storage and a utility sink are much appreciated in this space.


We placed a shelf above the washer/dryer. It has hooks which are perfect for hanging clothing to dry.

 
 
I kept the counter decor pretty simple, since I really wanted the space to spread out clothes for folding.
 

This is the best smelling window cleaner, and it works great too! I thought the bottle was too cute to hide away in the cupboard.


A large jar holds Oxiclean, and a basket holds my dryer sheets.

 
Our pets are fed here, and there's the perfect space for the litter box, tucked away under the shelf.
 

Maggie, our 14 year old rescue Lhasa Apso, has her bed in here, but truly her Royal Highness is usually resting upon our bed.


I kept the shelf decor pretty simple as well; jars full of sea shells, some from my childhood shell collection.

These botanicals were printed via this site. I had actually ordered some beautiful botanical art from an Etsy shop, and after waiting since early February (very impatiently as I wanted to post my laundry room reveal!!), I had to open an Etsy and Paypal claim as I never received them. The seller wouldn't respond to any of my emails, and only when I opened the claim did she send them. I still haven't received them, so for now, I placed these in the frames. I think they are beautiful too!
I have bought many things through Etsy, and this is the first time I've ever had a problem.



My clock obsession/collection continues.....


An old chipped up frame turned chalkboard.


 
Who doesn't love a good before and after? Here's a reminder of what we started with:
 



 
Much improved!
 

I love how this space turned out! Next on our list of projects is board and batten down the hallways and stairway. I have some great art to hang in the hall, and I'm planning a gallery wall for the stairway.

We also sold our old kitchen cabinets as of yesterday (yah!!) so I need to get everything packed away and then the demo begins!!! Phew, busy times ahead!

Sources:

Granite counters: Cashmere White
Flooring: Natural Slate
Wall colour: BM Horizon Grey and Marble White (wainscotting)
Jars: Walmart
Basket on counter: Ikea
Shelf: Ikea
Rug: Home Sense
Frames: Ikea, Ribba
Clock: Cozy Cottage Interiors
Bird Cage: Home Sense


Linking my laundry room to these parties:


I'd love for you to follow along with me on Instagram,  Pinterest, and Twitter.



21 comments:

Jenny said...[Reply to comment]

Your laundry room is lovely! I'm particularly jealous of that amazing spanse of counter space!! Oh what a difference that makes!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...[Reply to comment]

Nicely done, Andrea! You had a nice base to work off of, too, with the countertops and flooring.

Kelly said...[Reply to comment]

Can I come over and do my laundry at your house? It is so pretty! I hate my laundry room. In fact, it's a joke to even call it a room. It's more of a closet. Your room is wonderful! I love how much room you have and all the bells and whistles with a sink, cabinets and counter space. That is a wonderful feature for your house to have!!! Love how pretty you made it with the new lighter color too. It's perfect.

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...[Reply to comment]

Your laundry room is so beautiful! The color palette is so pretty and peaceful looking! Besides being lovely it also is very functional...the best of both worlds!

Coastal Cottage Dreams said...[Reply to comment]

Lovely room, so spacious too!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...[Reply to comment]

Andrea your laundry room looks amazing!! Love all the pretty touches you added!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...[Reply to comment]

Great makeover, Andrea. Love it.

Gee Singh Newbanks said...[Reply to comment]

:-) Now that's a great laundry room. Wonderful makeover.
Cheers, Gee

Julie @ followyourheartwoodworking said...[Reply to comment]

So pretty it must make doing laundry less of a chore!

jmdesignsgallery.com said...[Reply to comment]

I love organized laundry rooms, just did a similar post and now that my room is organized, I actually enjoy doing laundry! Yours is beautiful!
Jenna

Keep Calm and Decorate said...[Reply to comment]

I love your laundry room! I wish I had all of your storage. Great room!!!

Tricia said...[Reply to comment]

Your laundry room turned out so great, Andrea! I wish I had a space as pretty as yours :)

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...[Reply to comment]

Oh wow, I would kill for a laundry room that big. This is totally amazing. Hugs, Marty

With A Blast said...[Reply to comment]

Your laundry is so neat and tidy ! Love the light colors you used :-)

My name is Rita said...[Reply to comment]

WOW! that is an amazing laundry room. It is so big and bright and airy! I haven't even bothered doing anything to my laundry room (it is 1/3 the size of yours ) This is great inspiration. Please share this on my linky party, if you get a chance: http://suburbsmama.blogspot.com/2013/03/sunday-linky-party-1.html

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...[Reply to comment]

So pretty! Love the colors and it is so bright and cheerful...perfect!
Blessings,
Cindy

Eclectically Vintage said...[Reply to comment]

Lucky you - you must love doing laundry now (well almost)!! Love the charming touches like the chalkboard, silver tray and jar of shells!
Kelly

LoriU said...[Reply to comment]

Very nice!

What brand is that window and mirror cleaner? Is it Watkins too?

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...[Reply to comment]

How so very beautiful!....Love all of the wonderful details.

White Weathered Hutch, said...[Reply to comment]

Well done!! Love how you decorated your laundry room. Thanks for the tip
re the botanicals. Where did you get the spool of rope with the scissors.

White Weathered Hutch, said...[Reply to comment]

Oh yes I'm also a follower from Canada