Wednesday, November 20, 2013

A cozy corner

Thanks to a displacement from the Christmas tree, I have a new favorite cozy corner. I've moved my wingback chair that was in the living room into the adjoining sunroom. It's perfect in here for reading in front of the fireplace, looking out to the snow covered fields, or enjoying a cup of tea.






This wingback chair is one of my favorite pieces handed down to me by my Grandmother. While she had it reupholstered (or knowing her, reupholstered it herself), I wasn't a fan of the fabric she chose. I had a slipcover made, which you can read about here. This light coloured slip has washed beautifully (and with pets and 3 young kids, believe me, it's been washed!). My favorite element of the slipcover is the back, which unfortunately, in it's current spot, you can't really see:



You probably noticed that things are looking rather Christmasy around here. Yes, I'm mostly finished my decorating, but have a very good reason to have started early. I'll share the details why just as soon as I can!

After seeing how pretty and functional a chair is in this spot, I'm planning on getting a replacement for the wingback, once it's back in the living room after Christmas. I checked out the Home Decor Resource site through One King's Lane, and it's a wonderful source on chair styles, history etc-so much great information! Now, if only I could get OKL to ship to Canada =)


Linking my chair to these parties:

I'd love for you to follow along with me on Instagram,  Pinterest, and Twitter.

5 comments:

Kelly said...[Reply to comment]

I love that chair no matter where you put it! I bet it's nice sitting there by the fire in it. Wish I had snow covered fields as my view! Crossing my fingers for some snow this Winter. It has been so long, I've forgotten what it looks like. LOL.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...[Reply to comment]

It's cute there and I just love the back of the slip.

Jen Ham said...[Reply to comment]

Andrea, your cozy corner is gorgeous! I LOVE the chair! The back of the slipcover is beautiful too! I know why you are decorating early! You are coming to visit me and won't have time to decorate when you get back! ;)

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...[Reply to comment]

Cozy indeed! Love the chair and the slip... love that brass reading lamp too!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...[Reply to comment]

What a cozy room! LOVE the slipcovered chair. This would be my favorite place to curl up all winter!