Monday, January 6, 2014

2013 was a busy year for our home!

Hello!  Firstly, I wanted to tell you Happy New Year! I hope everyone has had a wonderful holiday, and is perhaps still enjoying these last few days before kids are back in school and daily routine once again takes over. I both love and hate it-we had such a lovely time over the holidays, sleeping in, eating (too much), lounging and relaxing, but I think we're all at least just a tad ready for routine once again.

I can't believe that I only did one post over Christmas! ugh!! Usually Nov/Dec are heavy blogging times for me as I have so much to share over my favorite holiday.

I have found myself without any time to spare. I'm behind on blog reading and wayyyyy behind on blog writing.

I've decided to not pressure myself with this-it's not all or nothing for me. I can write when I am able, and if not, I'll just wait until I can. I have been at the gym 5 days a week, trying to get into shape, and my 3 girls just keep me so busy. I also have been doing a lot of work in the sewing room, and hope to one day open a little online shop related to that-details to come at some point in the future =)

Anyhow, let's get on with this project review!!

2013 was a good year for our home; it was the year our house became our home. We added our personal touch to many of the spaces, and re-did the one room that was completely disliked: the kitchen. Our home now really reflects us and our style.

Here's a run-down of what we accomplished last year:

The Mudroom:






In this room, we added a board and batten wall with hooks and a display shelf, painted, and I sewed a seat cushion for the window bench.

I still have a simple window treatment to sew, but otherwise this space looks just the same as when we re-did it last year.

The Laundry Room:




In here we painted, added wainscotting, a new shelf and new decor.

The Hallway:





I love the impact that a simple hallway can make, once we added the board and batten and antique map etchings. We are just now working on the stairway which will continue with this idea.

The Living Room:




For the living room, dining room, and kitchen, I worked with Holly Mathis to redecorate these spaces. Best decision ever. She's a miracle worker.

The Dining Room:




New drapes, new table and chairs and new lighting totally changed this space. I'm working on some new art in here, but otherwise, it's remained the same.

The Kitchen:





We completely gutted and re-did this kitchen. I adore, adore, adore it. By far, my favorite change we made in this house!

Phew! We also did many outdoor projects during the summer months. Count me pooped!

Next I'll show you what our plans are for this upcoming year-we've already gotten started!


Linking my 2013 review to these parties:


I'd love for you to follow along with me on Instagram,  Pinterest, and Twitter.


18 comments:

michele said...[Reply to comment]

Wow, I love all your decisions and changes for your home!

m said...[Reply to comment]
This comment has been removed by the author.
prakash sharma said...[Reply to comment]

Home Decor-St Barts’ luxe bohemian lifestyle hold expertise in providing a wide assortment of Stylish Home Decor that are designed and developed using the best quality raw material.

Leslie said...[Reply to comment]

Beautiful upgrades for your home! Your kitchen is so pretty ~ love the coffee area:) The neutrals are my personal favorite and your mud room is wonderful!

Kelly said...[Reply to comment]

I love all the changes you made to your home last year. It was definitely a good year for you last year! I think your kitchen remodel is my favorite.

Jen Ham said...[Reply to comment]

Andrea, your home is an absolute dream! Can't wait to hear details about your online shop! Awesome! xoxo Jen

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...[Reply to comment]

Andrea I LOVE all the changes you made to your home last year...especially that beautiful kitchen!!

Laura @ Top This Top That said...[Reply to comment]

your home is stunning. so glad that I came by to see all that you accomplished in 2013. best of luck with the 2014 projects!

Kayla said...[Reply to comment]

What a beautiful home! I love it, especially your kitchen! What are the wall colors throughout the spaces? I hope you've added your pictures to Houzz!

Dawna Motz said...[Reply to comment]

Your home is lovely! I really like your country style and all the attention to detail. You said you moved from BC to Alberta,,,welcome from a fellow Albertan! I will be following along. We are new to our house and have been doing lots of DIY stuff, hope you will stop by the country.

Brandi M said...[Reply to comment]

Your home is SO beautiful. It's nice to see another Canadian blogger on here! Your home is an inspiration. :)

Brandi @ Nest of Bliss

Dawna Motz said...[Reply to comment]

You have a beautiful home!! It is soooo my style and you have done an amazing job pulling it all together! Love it!!

From the Old InkWell said...[Reply to comment]

Wow! You've been busy! Your home is beautiful. I know you must be proud of your hard work. I'm a new blogger and exploring blogs tonight. Enjoyed seeing your progress. I'm a new follower.

Susan said...[Reply to comment]

Andrea...I LOVE the weathervane in your mudroom. Is is old? Love all of your progress...it looks incredible!

Jiten Mallik said...[Reply to comment]

Thanks for writing in such an encouraging post. I had a glimpse of it and couldn’t stop reading till I finished. I have already bookmarked you. Bulk SMS Service Provider in ORISSA

olympia gold said...[Reply to comment]

Thanks for your admonition . Your admonition is complete accessible Gold & silver chain by the inch

olympia gold said...[Reply to comment]

Its attending like you are accomplishing so abundant of R&D for these Website content, I in fact acknowledge you absolute much.
wholesale Jewelry

Tamas Orban said...[Reply to comment]

You were very busy, indeed. I’m pretty sure you never noticed how long the renovation process had been. Finishing fabulous projects like that would eventually make you forget all those tiresome moments. Are you planning more renovations this year? I hope you'll be able to finish them smoothly as well. Good luck! :)

Tamas Orban @ Palm Beach County Contractor